endeavor endeavor

Excellent design

It's been a long time since I actually wanted to finish a Flash game. The fact you cannot die combined with the endurance mecanism is simple, yet pretty effective. I didn't try a different ending yet, but I probably will, thus I think the game wouldn't suffer a lot if there was no choice. I admit it adds some deep, however.

I really like the overal level design. The progression is quite zelda-esque, but we all know it works, and it's well tweaked. Dialogues are minimal yet contribute to create a living world, and the flowers concept is both poetic and useful. It's a polished game, well done, really.

One Chance One Chance

Pretty good mashup

This stands somewhere between Jason Rohrer's Passage, La Molleindustria's Every Day The Same Dream, and 2Dcube's Execution. Passage for the emotional involvement induced by the fate of loved ones and the sad music, Every Day The Same Day for the repetitive pattern and the overall feeling, and Execution for the permanent consequences concept.

I don't think it's original, yet it definitely works at creating emotions, and that's just great. Thus I was a bit annoyed by the the fact you have to use the mouse to choose between places. It breaks the flow of the obvious keyboard controls you get used to.

Strangely, I didn't feel the need to play it again. Reading other comments was meaningful enough.